· Karl Frisch of Bullfight Strategies calls in at 10am ET / 7am PT to talk about the hottest news stories of 2014
· Sexy Liberal Carlos Alazraqui joins us in the new Los Angeles Bureau at 11am ET / 8am PT for Coffee With Carlos
· The nation’s first recreational pot industry opened in Colorado on Wednesday, kicking off an experiment that will be followed closely around the world and one that activists hope will prove that legalization is a better alternative than the costly American-led drug war.
· Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor issued a one-page order late Tuesday night that temporarily exempts some church-affiliated organizations from a requirement in the Affordable Care Act that they provide health insurance that includes birth control.
· Utah asked the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday to stop same-sex marriages while it tries to overturn a judge’s ruling legalizing them, calling legal recognition of the ceremonies “an affront” to its residents and the courts.
· Standing atop a giant wedding cake float, Aubrey Loots and Danny Leclair exchanged vows New Year’s Day in the first same-sex marriage during the Tournament of Roses Parade.
· A winter storm arrived early Thursday in New England with the potential to drop more than a foot of snow. The worst of the storm was expected to hit later Thursday with bitterly cold temperatures.