Citrix-GoToMeeting’s Apple® Gift Card Giveaway Rules
Official Giveaway Rules
No purchase necessary. Sponsor: Citrix Online LLC, 7414 Hollister Ave, Goleta, CA 93117. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Eligibility. Citrix-GoToMeeting’s Apple® Gift Card Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is offered and open to legal residents of the United States who have an account with Twitter (http://www.twitter.com) and who have reached the age of majority in their home state prior to November 5, 2013. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of Sponsor, Westwood One and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising, and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors (“Giveaway Entities”) are not eligible to participate in this Giveaway. For purpose of the foregoing “immediate family” means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Entry. To enter this Giveaway you must submit a tweet using your Twitter account containing the hashtag #WINSTEPHANIE and the handle @gotomeeting between November 5, 2013 at 6:00 AM PT and November 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM PT. An official entry will only be considered if the Twitter service displays the tweet containing this hashtag before the end of the submission window at http://www.search.twitter.com. Sponsors are not responsible for entries which are not displayed as a result of the Twitter service or any other reason.
You may only submit one (1) tweet per day per person. Anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Giveaway will be ineligible. If multiple tweets per day are submitted from one Twitter account during the Giveaway, only the first tweet will be considered and subsequent entries will be disqualified. All tweets should be unique and not re-tweets.
Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Giveaway and winner eligibility. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
By submitting a tweet and entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees to abide by these rules, and represents that all tweets submitted under their Twitter account are completely their original work and that their tweets do not and will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third parties, including intellectual property rights, copyrights, or rights of privacy or publicity.
3. Condition of Participation. Participation in the Giveaway and acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s permission for a Sponsor and Westwood One to use all aspects of the entry including but not limited to his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Giveaway, Sponsor or Westwood One for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where and as prohibited by law. All entries may be re-used, in whole or in part, in a Sponsor’s outbound marketing content including, but not limited to, blog posts, tweets, on-air mentions, podcasts, videos and Facebook page posts, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. To effectuate the foregoing, all entrants grant Sponsor and Westwood One a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, fully sublicenseable, worldwide license, under any and all of the copyright and other intellectual property rights related to the entries, and to allow others to do the same. You agree that any entry may be disseminated, distributed, publicly displayed, reproduced, used, sublicensed, posted, or published by a Sponsor, Westwooed One or their partners, and searched, displayed, printed or otherwise used or exploited by a Sponsor, Westwood One or their partners. Further, if selected as a potential winner, you agree to execute any specific consent needed or requested by Sponsor or its designees in furtherance of such use including publicity and liability release forms (“Prize Documents”), where permitted by law.
4. Winner Selection. On or about November 19, 2013, the sponsor will randomly select one valid entry.
5. Prizes. There is one (1) Prize and there will be one (1) winner. The “Prize” is a Apple® Gift Card valued at $300 USD. The winner is responsible for all insurance, federal, state, and local taxes on the prize or the prize winner’s income and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of prizes. Sponsor has the right but no obligation to substitute a different prize of equal or greater value. No cash redemption is permitted. The winner may not substitute, transfer, or otherwise assign the prizes or any parts thereof. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, or if a Prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits Prize. The sponsor will aim to send the prize within five (5) business days of the date the winner claims the prize, provided a valid address is received; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to send the prize up to 30 days after the winner is announced. The Prize will be awarded “as is.” The Sponsor has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize, regarding the use, value, or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Winner must look to Prize manufacturer for all warranty issues.
6. Notification: The sponsor will contact the potential winner directly via a direct message from its Twitter account for this promotion. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to contact the sponsor to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made within two (2) days from the first notification attempt, or if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and requirements, such person may be disqualified and a replacement winner may be selected. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
NOTE: Additional steps may be required, including completion of Prize Documents (see Section 3 above), prior to prize acceptance. Failure to complete required steps may result in disqualification. Sponsor may/may not seek an alternate potential winner in the event that the individual originally selected is disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Odds. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
8. Improper Conduct. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Giveaway, and refuse to award the Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct a Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Giveaway or detrimental to other entrants of the Giveaway. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Giveaway. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize will in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Integrity of Giveaway. If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Giveaway and select the Prize winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor may deem fair and appropriate.
10. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Giveaway Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, or illegible; or for any website, computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Giveaway Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Giveaway. The Giveaway Entities are not responsible for: technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communications malfunctions, errors, or failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; Web site, Internet, or ISP availability; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause); or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit one’s ability to enter or compete in the Giveaway.
11. Damaged Property. Giveaway Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Giveaway or downloading materials from this Giveaway.
12. Giveaway Errors. The Giveaway Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Giveaway; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Giveaway; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, the Sponsors reserve the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Giveaway.
13. Prize Winner. The Giveaway Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Prize winners, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any part of the Prize or any part of this Giveaway.
14. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Giveaway, including, without limitation, the Prize winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Giveaway Entities and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in this Giveaway and participation in any activity related to this Giveaway, including claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
16. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account submitted at the time of entry and is defined as the natural person who is in control of the email address associated with the entering Twitter account. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with the Giveaway, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry in order to be awarded a Prize.
17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Giveaway is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Giveaway, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prizes awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, in the state or federal courts located in Santa Barbara, California.
18. Winner List: The name of the winner will be announced on or about November 21, 2013 in The Stephanie Miller Show. For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than December 31, 2013 to: Citrix-GoToMeeting’s Stephanie Miller Show Apple® Gift Card Giveaway Winner’s List, 7414 Hollister Ave, Goleta, CA 93117.
Twitter, Inc. and Apple® Inc. are not participants or sponsors of this Contest. Apple® is a registered trademark of Apple® Inc. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest.